Limelight 2020 Moved to Digital Format
Thursday / May 14, 2020
Mark your calendars for the Limelight Leadership Academy 2020. This year, the workshop will be held via digital format, to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Sessions will be held Mondays and Wednesday in June, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm each day. Prizes will be given away each day during the event for attendance.
This free virtual workshop is designed for people ages 14-24, and aims to share “Workplace Excellence” tips. Attendees can connect virtually with others and learn the skills employers want. Each session focuses on an ability the student brings to the table. Sessions include:
- June 1: Work-ability – realities and expectations in today’s workplace
- June 3: Reason-ability – managing your mindset
- June 8: Present-ability – displaying the image of your workplace
- June 10: Communication-ability – verbal and non-verbal communication
- June 15: Write-ability – written communication in the workplace
- June 17: Respect-ability – thriving in the multi-generational workplace
- June 22: Depend-ability – maximizing your time
- June 24: Adapt-ability – navigating success in the changing workplace
You don’t want to miss this interactive event! The skills taught in these sessions are valuable skills needed to obtain and maintain employment.
Reserve your spot and register today by completing an online registration form on the Iowa Valley Continuing Education website, or by emailing Marybeth Frese at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no cost to register for these sessions.