Skip To Main Content

“Right to Know” Information

Campus Safety & Security

Campus crime statistics are available by request in the Continuing Education Office or by going to and searching for Marshalltown Community College.

The most current IVCCD security and fire safety data can be viewed at IVCCD Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (ASR); a printed copy may be requested through the Vice Chancellor of Continuing Education’s Office.

Iowa Valley Community College takes seriously the safety of its students and guests. We have a separate web page devoted to information about Title IX, which pertains to sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic/dating violence, stalking and related crimes.

Grievances & Complaints

For IVCE Students

Iowa Valley Community College Districts desire to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. In the event that a complaint cannot be satisfied locally, you may file a complaint with either the Iowa Department of Education (515-281-0319) or the Higher Learning Commission (; ph. 312-263-0456).

The District believes in maintaining an educational environment that is positive and productive for its students. Occasionally, a student may claim that he or she has experienced an alleged violation, misinterpretation, or misapplication of IVCCD Board policies, rules and regulations; or has been unfairly treated by an IVCCD employee or another student; or that the contractual relationship between the student and IVCCD has been breached. When these situations arise, students should follow the Student Grievance Procedure. For all other complaints and feedback, the student should follow the Student Feedback/Complaint Procedure.

The process for an appeal is defined within IVCCD policies and procedures (no more than 5 business days after the sanctioning decision). If a student feels that he/she has been disciplined unfairly or if the student wishes to appeal some other decision considered to be unjustified, unfair, or a violation of student rights, then the student should appeal that decision. An appeal is not granted in cases where there is disagreement with a District policy or procedure. In those cases, students should file a complaint with the appropriate department, but the sanction will not be contested. Appeal forms are located in the Vice Chancellor of Continuing Education’s office as well as here:

For Non-Students/Constituents

IVCCD believes in maintaining an educational environment that is positive and productive for its constituencies. Because feedback, complaints and grievances are used to improve District services, processes, and procedures, communication between the constituent and the District is important and expected; therefore, anonymous forms are not accepted.

Constituent feedback and complaints are important to the improvement of District services. Feedback or complaints that are unrelated to a student grievance should follow these steps:

  1. Complete the Constituent Feedback/Complaint Form. The feedback/complaint should pertain to a circumstance that occurred within the past 12 months. Feedback/complaints about circumstances that happened more than 12 months ago may or may not be valuable, and will not be considered actionable.
  2. Submit the form. The form includes checkboxes for the constituent to indicate a) whether s/he wants to discuss the issue with a District representative and b) whether s/he would like to receive any verbal or written response to the feedback/complaint. Instructions for submitting the form are included on the form.
  3. If the constituent is dissatisfied after submitting the form, s/he should contact the member of the District’s Administrative Leadership Team with oversight over the relevant area to discuss the Constituent Feedback/Complaint Form in person. After the resolution, all feedback and complaints, including the outcomes, are documented and shared with the Administrative Leadership Team to analyze and improve processes.

Constituents with concerns about the District’s ability to meet the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Criteria for Accreditation may submit a complaint to the Higher Learning Commission (

Educational Equity Statement

It is the policy of Iowa Valley Community College District that no individual will be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by the District on the basis of actual or potential parental, family or marital status; age; color; creed; gender identity; national origin; physical or mental disability; race; religion; sex; or sexual orientation as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq).

Iowa Valley Continuing Education students who have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy should contact Jacque Goodman, Education Equity Officer, at 641-844-5640 or Complaints may also be filed with the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204 (Ph: 312-730-1560, E: and/or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission at 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines, Iowa 50319 (Ph: 800-457-4416).

Retaliation against any individual for reporting discrimination or assisting in providing information relevant to a report of discrimination is strictly prohibited by IVCCD and constitutes a violation of this policy.

Employees are available during normal operating hours (Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm) to help prospective students, current students, and current and prospective employees obtain consumer information.

Education Equity Officer

Jacque Goodman

Jacque Goodman