Iowa Valley Intermediary Program
Connecting Students to Careers!
How do we best meet the needs of our youth as they make the transition into the adult world? For young people to succeed in life, they need to develop competence, confidence, and connections to real-world at critical points during their educational, career, and personal development. Our schools cannot do this alone, or workforce preparation organizations – they need partners. For this reason, over the past decade collaborative structures called Intermediaries have emerged, designed to bring together a range of local resources to promote young people’s self-confidence about their abilities, increase their connections to adults and opportunities, and foster the personal, academic, and work-related competencies they need to succeed.
What is Iowa Valley Intermediary Program?
Iowa Valley Intermediary Program is a new work-based learning program designed to help prepare students to be successful as they transition into the workforce by connecting them to local businesses to explore an assortment of fulfilling career options through work-based learning. Iowa Valley Intermediary Program partners with educators and businesses to help create a positive and lasting impression on our future workforce by helping them attain the appropriate skills and knowledge of careers in their interest so they can be better prepared for life after high school and make better post-secondary decisions.
What we can do for you?
- Job Shadows
- Career Exploration Events
- Classroom Speakers
- Worksite Tours
- Mock Interviews
- Career Planning and Assistance
Benefits for Employers
By participating, employers will be able to showcase and promote their business while helping build and shape potential employees in the future.
- If you are interested in participating in the Intermediary Program please fill out and complete the Business Interest Form
- Address the skills gap and build workplace readiness skills
- Access to a prospect database
- Share workplace knowledge and expertise
- Develop work ethics for future employees
- Offer Job Shadow Opportunities
Benefits for Educators
Students and teachers will have access to hands on way to explore careers and opportunities in a method that cannot be recreated in the classroom.
- Schedule an Interactive Speaker or Worksite Tour
- Enable students to learn real world application and situations
- Expand your knowledge of business and industry
- Network opportunities to businesses and other schools
- Enhance understanding of the needs of regional businesses
- Educator Externship Program
Benefits for Students
Students will have access to hands on career experience and attain employability skills while becoming more aware of the various career opportunities, education requirements, and desired skills of employers.
- Explore a career in depth to see if your interests, skills, and goals match a particular career
- Discover the various job opportunities in your area
- Gain insight into the workforce by developing and sustaining relationships with employers
- Ability to make well informed decisions about post-secondary education and careers.