Take a Class
Iowa Valley Continuing Education (IVCE) offers hundreds of non-college-credit courses and short-term career training programs year-round for anyone interested in enrolling. Whether you want to train for a new career, upgrade your professional skills, take up a new hobby, or pursue other interests, IVCE offers something for you. We group our courses as follows:
- Adult Literacy (includes Citizenship, English as a Second Language, and HSED/Adult High School Completion)
- Business & Career Development (includes Career Development, Coaching Authorization, Cosmetologists, Educators, Management & Leadership, and Sales & Marketing)
- Computers & Technology (includes Fundamentals, Networking & IT, and Office Productivity)
- Health (includes CPR/First Aid, Emergency Services, Healthcare Careers, Nurse Aide, and Nursing/Allied Health)
- Life & Leisure (includes Arts, Cooking, Creative Retirement, Dance, and Families/Relationships)
- Online (Interactive, self-paced, and completely online so you can learn at your convenience, day or night. To participate, you need email and a computer with internet access, preferably high-speed internet. Some courses may require your own copy of a particular software program.)
- Trades & Industry (includes Electrical, Safety, and Welding)
- Transportation (includes Bus Driver, Commercial Vehicles/CDL, court-mandated Driver Improvement/Driving Unimpaired, and Motorcycle/Moped)
- Youth programs
NOTE: When you click on the links above, you move from this IVCE website to a partner site called Augusoft (https://iavalley.augusoft.net), which is the program we use to manage online registrations and payments.
Ready for an “EdVenture”?
EdVenture is our semi-annual course catalog, printed and distributed each July and December. Each EdVenture includes upcoming courses scheduled for the next six to seven months … some even farther out than that. The course catalog is mailed to selected ZIP codes from which most of the annual IVCE enrollments originate. A pdf version of EdVenture is always available for viewing or printing on this website.
Although we make every effort to get the majority of our classes set up and included in each EdVenture course catalog, there are always classes that are not included for one reason or another. That’s a great reason to click on the links above and look at the courses listed in Augusoft, which is a current snapshot of everything coming up!
To receive a free copy of the printed publication, call Iowa Valley Continuing Education at 641-752-4645 or 1-800-284-4823 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to mail one to you. Extra copies are also available in the literature racks on the Iowa Valley/Marshalltown Community College, Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls) and Iowa Valley Grinnell campuses.
Key to IVCE Course Locations
All courses in our EdVenture course catalog are grouped by subject category. Please note the location listed for each course; the location line is in bold type and includes the town, building and room number. Most (but not all) classes are held in these locations:
- IVCE Conference Center = 3702 S. Center St., Marshalltown
- Iowa Valley Grinnell = 123 6th Ave. West, Grinnell
- Iowa Valley Education & Training Center = 206 E. Church St., Marshalltown
- ECC = Ellsworth Community College, 1100 College Ave., Iowa Falls
- ECC Ag Building = 707 Ellsworth Ave., Iowa Falls
- MCC = Marshalltown Community College, 3700 S. Center St., Marshalltown
- MCC Business & Technology Center = 3700 S. Center St., Marshalltown (standalone building at the northeast corner of the MCC/Iowa Valley campus)