Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Title I of WIOA provides employment and training services to eligible adults, dislocated workers and youth. The program connects eligible individuals to services and activities aimed at teaching participants how to navigate the appropriate educational and workforce systems based on an established career pathway. Activities include career exploration and guidance, continued support for educational attainment, and opportunities for skills training in in-demand occupations. WIOA offers financial support for employment and training purposes for eligible participants based on funding availability.
WIOA is now located at IowaWORKS Iowa Valley, 204 1/2 W. State St., Marshalltown, IA 50158 (enter through the door on the east side of DHS). The office is open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and on Wednesdays from 9 am – 4:30 pm.
The IowaWORKS Iowa Valley office serves Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek and Tama Counties putting Iowans to work.
Join our VIP text list for information on events happening in our center, including open interviews and free workshops! Text: IOWAWORKS To: 36000
Contact our staff at 641-754-1400. If you reach voicemail, use the extension numbers below.
- Becky Hassett, WIOA Supervisor – Ext. 36972 Rebecca.Hassett@iwd.iowa.gov
- Carrie Osborn, WIOA Office Associate – Ext. 36970 Carrie.Osborn@iwd.iowa.gov
- Rachel Porath, WIOA Career Development Advisor – Ext. 36974 Rachel.Porath@iwd.iowa.gov
- Beth Severidt, WIOA Career Development Advisor – Ext. 36966 Lauren.Severidt@iwd.iowa.gov
- Janet Stegmann, WIOA Career Development Advisor – Ext. 36976 Janet.Stegmann@iwd.iowa.gov