CDL Pro Driver Prep Program (80-Hour)
If you are looking for a job that is in high demand; you have come to the right place. According to a new report by the American Trucking Association (ATA), “There will be a shortage of nearly 50,000 truckers in the United States by the end of this year.” The average CDL Driver salary in Iowa is $44,209 as of March 2021, but the range typically falls between $39,030 and $51,253.
About Our Training & Instructor
This course is designed to provide you with all of the resources, tools, training, and preparation needed to obtain a CDL license with an airbrake endorsement. While this course is not designed for those seeking a position driving over-the-road (OTR), it will provide everything needed to obtain a job requiring a CDL. Additionally, it provides the first steps to being considered for additional OTR training by employers.
Our instructors have been training and preparing CDL A drivers for more than 15 years, with a nearly perfect pass rate. Instructors are certified to test you on the spot and provide the trucks for you to test with, so there are no hassles.
This class covers: general knowledge; backing; CMV defensive driving and hazard awareness; CDL pre-trip inspection training and testing; CDL skills maneuvers; driving preparation and testing.
1. Attend mandatory on-campus session & receive login information and further instructions for completing your online coursework.
2. Complete coursework online and via email and submit to instructor.
3. Come back to campus on the training, preparation and testing date scheduled with your instructor to receive “hands-on” training and driving time with our trainer.
4. Our trainer is certified to test you on the same date.
5. Go to your local Driver’s License office to be issued and pay for your CDL license.
Cost of Course
Course Fee: $799
Tuition Assistance Options
GAP tuition assistance is available to those who qualify. For more information, please contact Jennifer Rice in Marshalltown at 641-844-5629 or Jennifer.Rice@iavalley.edu. Please be advised that to qualify for funding, interested applicants must complete the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) with Workforce Development Center by calling 1-800-284-4838.
- Valid driver’s license
- Email address
- Access to high speed internet
- CDL A learner’s permit
- 3 written tests completed with DOT prior to registration
Looking for a CDL job? Check out who is hiring Class A and Class B CDL Drivers!
- Central Truckers – Contact Joe Edel at email@example.com or 641-753-3433.
- Concrete, Inc. – Apply in person in Marshalltown at 1710 E. Main St. in Marshalltown, IA; for information call 641-752-3696. Apply in person in at 1033 Westview Dr. in Iowa Falls, IA; for information call 641-648-2577.
- M. Gervich & Sons – (Looking for CDL A or B drivers) Contact Jimmy at 641-753-3359.
- Greenbelt Transport/Winfield United – Contact Jim Bruno at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-375-4591 or visit www.landolakesinc.com/careers.
- Gyspum Express – Contact Nick Koegiones at 219-214-0835 or email@example.com or visit www.gypsumexpress.com/.
- Heartland Co-op – Contact Craig Mommer, HR Director at Heartland Co-op, c/o Human Resources, 3111 – 290th St., Gilman, IA 50106 or visit http://heartlandcoop.submit4jobs.com/.
- Juel Truck Line – Contact Brian Juel at 641-751-7054, 604 Butler Avenue, Melbourne, IA 50162.
- Manatt’s Inc. – Contact Jamie Edelen at 641-522-9206 ext. 237, 1775 Old 6 Rd., Brooklyn, IA 52211 or visit http://www.manatts.com/.
- Mid Iowa Cooperative – Contact Brian Latusick at 641-366-3236, 101 Main St. PO Box 80, Beaman, IA 50609 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.midiowacoop.com.
- Neuroth Trucking LLC – Contact Brad Neuroth at 641-485-0624.
- Oldcastle Materials Midwest Region (OMG) – Contact Nate Snead at 515-802-2391.
- Schneider Trucking – Call 1-800-44-PRIDE or visit www.schneiderjobs.com.
- Transportation Express (TEX) – Contact Molly Jepson at email@example.com or 651-375-5223 or visit www.landolakesinc.com/careers.
- Windstar Lines, Inc. – Contact Nick Steinbach at 712-792-2425, 1903 US Hwy. 71 N., Carroll, IA 51401 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.windstarexpress.com.
- Zip Recruiter – Online at www.ziprecruiter.com.