This class meets the FMCSA ELDT standards and requirements for those with a valid commercial learner’s permit dated February 7, 2022, or after. If you are seeking a commercial driver’s license (CDL), required to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) such as grain, landscaping, construction, personal use, etc. this class is designed for you. It is not designed with the intensity of an Over the Road (OTR) training program.
- This ELDT Certification class is proficiency-based with a combination of Theory (online), and in-person Behind the Wheel (BTW) practice range and road time.
- It is designed to cover ALL mandated topics of study effective February 7, 2022 outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for the specific class of vehicle desired (Class A, Class B)
- Upon successful completion of the driver’s ELDT Certification in both Theory and Behind the Wheel, once ELDT Certified, you will be scheduled for your final CDL Skills Testing administered by the college and their staff of DOT Certified Examiners.
- Upon successful passing of the final CDL Skills testing, you will be able to obtain a commercial driver’s license at any driver’s license issuance location.
The exact timing and final schedule will be discussed at registration. Iowa Valley and its instructors reserve the right to adapt the curriculum and pricing if federal rules and regulations change following printing. Please contact Morgan Frederick at 641-844-5616 to register.
- All students must be able to read, speak, write, and comprehend English. No interpreters are allowed per CDL regulations.
- Obtain your Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) for the desired vehicle class. Go to https://iowadot.gov/mvd/cdl/Commercial-learners-permit for more information.
- Provide copies of your Driver’s license and paper permit when requested.
You must hold a valid CLP for at least 14 days before you can complete the required skills test.