Putting 'LIFE' into Leadership
Individuals working or living in the Iowa Falls area are encouraged to participate in Leadership Iowa Falls Experience (LIFE). LIFE targets individuals who are in positions of leadership in their organizations or who have “stepped up to the plate” in community roles.
Through this dynamic 8-month learning experience, team members gain:
- Greater appreciation of issues facing today’s leaders
- Applied understanding of one’s leadership strengths
- Increased confidence in seeking and leading change
- Valuable links to people in diverse leadership roles
- Interpersonal growth & hands-on practice using leadership skills
- Commitment to action for community well-being
LIFE participants are selected on the basis of their application, their commitment, and their potential for leadership.
The LIFE program is co-sponsored by Iowa Valley Continuing Education and Iowa Falls Chamber/Main Street Inc. For more information, contact Jacque Goodman at 641-844-5640.
Graduates Say it Best...
“The LIFE Program was an amazing experience. Not being from the area, it really gave me an insight on how a small community is supposed to work. I was amazed by the number of businesses in the area that I wasn’t aware of and how much the community pulls together to get things done. The best part, I made a new group of great friends! I would definitely recommend the LIFE program to everyone, if you’re new to the area or born and raised here, you can always learn something new!” - Jessica Peters, LIFE 2016-17 Graduate