At the Iowa Valley Education & Training Center
Located at 206 E. Church Street in historic downtown Marshalltown, Iowa, the Iowa Valley Education & Training Center is open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm, Tuesdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8 am to noon.
The mission of the Education & Training Center is to meet the needs of community members through skilled training, language learning programs, and educational opportunities that will increase individuals’ self-esteem while embracing diversity and promoting cultural awareness.
Our focus is to be a place where everyone feels comfortable and welcome to learn, and where culture and diversity are valued.
Three Other Locations
Iowa Valley’s adult literacy classes are also held at varying days/times in these locations:
- Ellsworth Community College campus at 1100 College Avenue in Iowa Falls
- Iowa Valley Community College Grinnell at 123 6th Avenue West in Grinnell
- Iowa Valley Tama County Education Center at 215 W. 9th Street in Tama
- Customized training programs for business and industry in our modern computer lab.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Cost is $20 and classes run for 8 weeks.
- Daytime: Monday through Thursday 9 am to noon.
- Evenings: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:30 to 8 pm.
- High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) classes in English and Spanish. Cost is $15 per term and terms run for 6 weeks.
- Citizenship classes covering U.S. history and government to help prepare students for the Citizenship exam; child care is available. Cost is $50; includes tuition and materials.
- For more information about Citizenship classes call (641) 754-1348.
- Computer classes in English and Spanish.
- Customized classes for Marshalltown Central Business District, a Main Street Community.
- Career Achievement Program, where students can earn career certificates along with their HSED and the National Career Readiness Certificate. Students have a career coach who will assist in resume writing, employability skill development, and goal setting to ensure student success in career preparation.
|Family Literacy Fun Links|
|Wonderopolis||Learn to Read||Sesame Street||Fun Brain|
|Lego||IPTV Games||Play Kids Games||Ventures Arcade|
|PBS Kids: Raising Readers|