The Education & Training Center is temporarily relocated to the MCC campus while roof repairs are being done. The ETC staff and classes are in the Business Technology Center and the Construction Trades standalone buildings on the northeast corner of the MCC campus (Buildings 14 & 15 on the map at the bottom of this page).
At the Iowa Valley Education & Training Center
Located at 206 E. Church Street in historic downtown Marshalltown, Iowa, the Iowa Valley Education & Training Center is open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm, Tuesdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8 am to noon.
The mission of the Education & Training Center is to meet the needs of community members through skilled training, language learning programs, and educational opportunities that will increase individuals’ self-esteem while embracing diversity and promoting cultural awareness.
Our focus is to be a place where everyone feels comfortable and welcome to learn, and where culture and diversity are valued.
Three Other Locations
Iowa Valley’s adult literacy classes are also held at varying days/times in these locations:
- Ellsworth Community College campus at 1100 College Avenue in Iowa Falls
- Iowa Valley Community College Grinnell at 123 6th Avenue West in Grinnell
- Iowa Valley Tama County Education Center at 215 W. 9th Street in Tama
- Customized training programs for business and industry in our modern computer lab.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Cost is $20 and classes run for 8 weeks.
- Daytime: Monday through Thursday 9 am to noon.
- Evenings: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:30 to 8 pm.
- High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) classes in English and Spanish. Cost is $15 per term and terms run for 6 weeks.
- Citizenship classes covering U.S. history and government to help prepare students for the Citizenship exam; child care is available. Cost is $50; includes tuition and materials.
- For more information about Citizenship classes call (641) 754-1348.
- Computer classes in English and Spanish.
- Customized classes for Marshalltown Central Business District, a Main Street Community.
- Career Achievement Program, where students can earn career certificates along with their HSED and the National Career Readiness Certificate. Students have a career coach who will assist in resume writing, employability skill development, and goal setting to ensure student success in career preparation.
|Family Literacy Fun Links|
|Wonderopolis||Learn to Read||Sesame Street||Fun Brain|
|Lego||IPTV Games||Play Kids Games||Ventures Arcade|
|PBS Kids: Raising Readers|